Screen printing onto elliptical conical bottles
- The client had a requirement for conical polythene bottles to be printed all the way round.
- The bottles were both elliptical and conical, thus proving extremely challenging.
- Mascoprint tested a variety of rack and pinion set-ups on the CP12 machine to determine the correct ‘swivel point’ of the mechanism and establish the relevant mechanical principles.
- The effect of the elliptical-conical-shaped bottles on the print process distorted the printed image and it was necessary to build corrective distortion into the original artwork.
- Further print trials were carried out using different screen meshes, squeegee profiles and ink types to achieve the required registration, print quality and print adhesion.
- The machine is now installed on the client’s premises, printing tens of thousands of bottles per annum.