Screen printing onto ordnance cases
- The Mascoprint CP12 was selected as it is pneumatic in operation and the client’s working environment was not suitable for an electro-pneumatic machine.
- Specialised tooling was designed to hold the ordnance cases.
- Mascoprint worked with ink partner Marabu UK to test and select inks that would adhere to the ordnance case material and self-cure without the need for heat.
- Extensive tests were carried out to check print quality and registration, screen performance, ink adhesion and colour.
- The machine is now installed at client’s factory producing ordnance for the defence industry.
Mascoprint CP12 machine used for this application
(does not show ordnance or actual tooling used on this project)