Screen printing onto silicone hoses
- The client required a machine capable of producing high quality print onto complex shaped hose using special inks. Silicone rubber is difficult to print onto as ink does not adhere easily.
- An existing machine was modified and wooden tooling was developed to prove the concept.
Following successful trials with this tooling, more robust prototype tooling was developed.
- Due to the weight of components being printed it was necessary to modify the tooling further to prevent slippage of the component during printing.
- Mascoprint carried out extensive trials under production conditions before manufacturing a new CP12 fitted with the final tooling version.
- The machine is now installed at the customer’s factory producing hoses for high performance motor vehicles.